We have made it through our first week with Distance Learning!!!!! Navigating through Google Classroom had its ups and downs but overall we were very successful. The students are continuing their learning and we will continue to persevere. Thank you parents for your support, patience and cooperation during these times that are ahead of us.
- The State Education Department announces that all of the following state tests are suspended for this school year:
- New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts Test;
- New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics Test;
- New York State Grade 4 Elementary-Level Science Test;
- New York State Grade 8 Intermediate-Level Science Test;
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) in Grades K-12; and
- New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for students with severe cognitive disabilities in Grades 3-8 and high school.
It is most important that during the time of closure, schools are able to continue to focus their efforts toward local school and community needs, as they have been doing, and not be concerned about State assessments.
- Optimum/Altice is offering Free Internet for K-12 students. Parents MUST call and contact the Sales/New Accounts department at 1-866-674-6287.
- Futures in Education has extended the deadline for financial aid to May 31, 2020. Futures in Education is strongly encouraging returning families to apply and finish applications as soon as possible to accelerate the award process.
- In view of diocesan directives and today’s directives from Governor Cuomo (March 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM) regarding the closure of all non-essential businesses and public and private agencies, and out of concern for the health of all involved in our network, ALL CATHOLIC ACADEMIES AND PARISH SCHOOL BUILDINGS must now be closed until further notice. We will NO longer be open on Mondays from 8-12 pm.