Dear SRCA Parents,
We hope this letter finds you well, having had some time for rest and rejuvenation, over these past weeks. Governor Cuomo announced on Friday August 7th that NYS schools can reopen in September. Salve Regina Catholic Academy will reopen at full capacity, five days a week. We have reopened the other building located on Liberty Avenue, in order to safely accommodate each grade. Each grade will be assigned two classrooms, where the students will be socially distanced 6 feet apart. The entire re-opening plan can be found on our website and is attached below at www.srca.org for your information. It is quite lengthy, as you might imagine, so the highlights are as follows:
- Students will be divided in smaller groups, either in a classroom with the teacher or in another room with the assistant teacher. There will be a tech set up in both classrooms, on a floor stand with a SmartMike+ microphone allowing for lessons to be broadcasted clearly and loudly, for all to participate. The tech set up will be recording the lesson live on Zoom and will be shown on the SmartBoard in real time for the class being facilitated by the assistant teacher. The teacher will move freely between both classrooms, to ensure student understanding of the lesson.
- For those traveling on a yellow bus, the bus will be sanitized after each run; students will be required to wear masks; social distancing will be the protocol; siblings will sit together.
- Upon arrival at school, the temperature of all faculty, staff and students will be taken at the entrance. Anyone with a fever of 100.0 will be escorted to the Nurse’s office for further evaluation and a family member will be notified. The Academy will follow DOH, CDC, NYS guidelines for quarantines or closures, should it become necessary. Masks will be required to be worn, for everyone throughout the day. The Main Office will have masks available for anyone who may have forgotten theirs at home.
- Food and nutritional services will be provided for breakfast and lunch. Students will eat in their classrooms.
- Restrooms will be closely monitored, limiting the number of people permitted in the room at one time; alternating stalls and sinks will be closed, so as to allow for safe distancing.
- We have also procured the necessary supplies for hygiene and created a plan for deep cleaning of facilities and high touch areas daily. The building will be completely cleaned and sanitized throughout the course of the day, as well as at the end of each day.
- Signage will be posted to remind all about protocol and procedure.
- You will soon receive an email describing how the first three days of school will be scheduled (Wednesday September 9-11). This information will also be posted on the school’s website.
- For those parents who do not feel comfortable sending their child(ren) back to school, the Diocese has created the Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy. More information on this new initiative will be sent out as soon.
Once again, Salve Regina’s re-opening plan can be found on our website for more in-depth information.
In order to discuss your concerns regarding the re-opening plan, I have scheduled three parent meetings. Each meeting will be scheduled via ZOOM. The links for each ZOOM meeting are as follows:
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Kindergarten through Grade 2
- Time: Aug 18, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 789 5295 8101
- Passcode: 7BY2jL
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Grades 3 through 5
- Time: Aug 19, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 742 5348 7855
- Passcode: 7h8pCg
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Grades 6 through 8
- Time: Aug 20, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 754 2954 1214
- Passcode: iz4CHA
I thank you for your cooperation and patience, as we navigate these unchartered waters together. Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com. The office staff will be back in the building beginning August 17th from 8:00 – 3:00 pm.
Be well, stay safe,