Dear SRCA Families,
St. Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy will be hosting their parent informational meetings. There are two sessions you can choose to attend. The sessions are
- Friday August 21st at 12:00pm
- Monday August 24th at 6:00pm
Each session will be held via live ZOOM webinars. The recording of these sessions will be made available online after the meetings.
To register to attend either informational webinar, please read the attached letter and at the bottom of the letter is a link for each session. Click on the link for the session you would like to attend and follow the directions for registration. Once you have registered for the webinar, you will receive a confirmation email with a direct link to the session you chose.
Any questions, please feel free to let me know.
St Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Program_Parent Info Sessions
Dear SRCA Families,
As was written in my earlier email sent out on Monday August 10th, the Diocese of Brooklyn and Queens has created the St. Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy for families who are interested in a full remote learning for their child(ren) in September. Please click below where you can read a family letter in English and Spanish, a frequently asked questions handout, and a programmatic details handout. Virtual conferences will be set up for parents during the week of August 17th. More details will follow regarding the time and date for parent conferences. Any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Saint Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy family letter…8.10.20 final
Saint Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Acacemy family letter…Spanish version
Saint Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy Concept Paper…8.20
Saint Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy Frequently Asked Questions…8.20 final
Dear SRCA Parents,
We hope this letter finds you well, having had some time for rest and rejuvenation, over these past weeks. Governor Cuomo announced on Friday August 7th that NYS schools can reopen in September. Salve Regina Catholic Academy will reopen at full capacity, five days a week. We have reopened the other building located on Liberty Avenue, in order to safely accommodate each grade. Each grade will be assigned two classrooms, where the students will be socially distanced 6 feet apart. The entire re-opening plan can be found on our website and is attached below at www.srca.org for your information. It is quite lengthy, as you might imagine, so the highlights are as follows:
- Students will be divided in smaller groups, either in a classroom with the teacher or in another room with the assistant teacher. There will be a tech set up in both classrooms, on a floor stand with a SmartMike+ microphone allowing for lessons to be broadcasted clearly and loudly, for all to participate. The tech set up will be recording the lesson live on Zoom and will be shown on the SmartBoard in real time for the class being facilitated by the assistant teacher. The teacher will move freely between both classrooms, to ensure student understanding of the lesson.
- For those traveling on a yellow bus, the bus will be sanitized after each run; students will be required to wear masks; social distancing will be the protocol; siblings will sit together.
- Upon arrival at school, the temperature of all faculty, staff and students will be taken at the entrance. Anyone with a fever of 100.0 will be escorted to the Nurse’s office for further evaluation and a family member will be notified. The Academy will follow DOH, CDC, NYS guidelines for quarantines or closures, should it become necessary. Masks will be required to be worn, for everyone throughout the day. The Main Office will have masks available for anyone who may have forgotten theirs at home.
- Food and nutritional services will be provided for breakfast and lunch. Students will eat in their classrooms.
- Restrooms will be closely monitored, limiting the number of people permitted in the room at one time; alternating stalls and sinks will be closed, so as to allow for safe distancing.
- We have also procured the necessary supplies for hygiene and created a plan for deep cleaning of facilities and high touch areas daily. The building will be completely cleaned and sanitized throughout the course of the day, as well as at the end of each day.
- Signage will be posted to remind all about protocol and procedure.
- You will soon receive an email describing how the first three days of school will be scheduled (Wednesday September 9-11). This information will also be posted on the school’s website.
- For those parents who do not feel comfortable sending their child(ren) back to school, the Diocese has created the Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Catholic Academy. More information on this new initiative will be sent out as soon.
Once again, Salve Regina’s re-opening plan can be found on our website for more in-depth information.
In order to discuss your concerns regarding the re-opening plan, I have scheduled three parent meetings. Each meeting will be scheduled via ZOOM. The links for each ZOOM meeting are as follows:
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Kindergarten through Grade 2
- Time: Aug 18, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 789 5295 8101
- Passcode: 7BY2jL
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Grades 3 through 5
- Time: Aug 19, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 742 5348 7855
- Passcode: 7h8pCg
- Meeting for Parents with Students in Grades 6 through 8
- Time: Aug 20, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 754 2954 1214
- Passcode: iz4CHA
I thank you for your cooperation and patience, as we navigate these unchartered waters together. Please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office staff will be back in the building beginning August 17th from 8:00 – 3:00 pm.
SRCA Logistics and Planning Plan (Final Version)
Be well, stay safe,
Good morning SRCA Families!!
Today is the last day that the office staff and I are in the building. We will be back in the building beginning August 17th and thereafter from 8:00 – 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. If there are any questions or concerns during the time the office is closed please email Ms. Donato at email@example.com.
Attached are letters that were already mailed to parents that have registered their child(ren) for September. Please read each letter if you have not already received the mailing.
Yesterday, you should have received in your email or have read on the school website a beginning stage reopening plan from the Diocese of Brooklyn. I have attached a Revised Reopening Plan from the Diocese of Brooklyn. Please read that letter for the updated information!
I will continue to update you on SRCA Reopening Plan for September. Continue to visit our school website or read the Option C Parent Alerts.
September 2020 School Opening Schedule (TENTATIVE)
School Uniform Regulations
FACTS Information Letter
SONYC & 21st Century Programs Information Letter
Family Reopening Letter Revised
Enjoy the remaining days of summer!
Please read the letter below discussing the Diocese of Brooklyn and Queens beginning stages of reopening plan for our catholic academies and schools. We will continue to keep you updated on how Salve Regina Catholic Academy will reopen in the fall. We are planning for a full reopening but that is not the final outcome until we receive Governor Cuomo’s final decision on school openings during the week of August 1-7.
As for now, the academy has been focusing on the following areas:
- Social distancing (6 feet)
- Hand and Respiratory Hygiene
- Face coverings
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
Any concerns, please email Ms. Donato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Reopening Letter
Please read the letter below from the Office of the Superintendent about Catholic Schools and Academies closing in the Diocese of Brooklyn and Queens. Salve Regina Catholic Academy WILL BE OPEN in September!!
Parent Letter July 9 2020 from Superintendent of Schools
PSW After-School Program for grades K-5 (21st Century) and (6-8 SONYC)
The program provides FREE activities such as nutrition, STEM/Literacy, sports, dance/STEP, and homework time. The program operates Monday-Friday from 3-6pm (5:30pm dismissal). For further information and/or questions, please call (347) 346-1005 or email Mrs. Cano at or email@example.com or Mr. David firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive an application, click on the link below:
You can download our school supply lists here.
Our required summer reading assignments for rising 6th, 7th and 8th graders include “The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and The Olympians” by Rick Riordan for the 6th grade and “A Long Walk to Water” by Linda Sue Park for the 7th grade plus “The Children of Willesden Lane” by Mona Golabek and Lee Cohen for the 8th grade . Learn more by downloading this document.
COVID 19 Testing for Parents:
Several parishes within the Diocese of Brooklyn are hosting COVID Antibody testing sites, conducted by Northwell Health or Somos Healthcare. We would recommend encouraging parents and students to avail themselves of this offering. The testing is being done by appointment at no charge, regardless if a family has medical insurance or not.
To sign up to be tested, go to: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you showing testing site locations. Listed below are the specific phone numbers to schedule an appointment for the sites below.
Here are the locations:
Most Holy Trinity at 140 Montrose Avenue, Brooklyn– this Northwell Healthcare site is located near Queen of the Rosary and Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academies: Testing begins on Monday, June 22 through August 31. Telephone: 1-833-422-7369
Blessed Sacrament – 198 Euclid Avenue, Brooklyn – this Somos Healthcare site is located adjacent to Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy and close to St. Elizabeth and Salve Regina Catholic Academies. Testing is underway there presently and will continue to Friday, July 31 (depending upon demand). Telephone: 1-833-766-6769
Joan of Arc located at 82-00 35 Avenue, Jackson Heights – this Somos Healthcare site is located adjacent to St. Joan of Arc Catholic Academy and within close proximity to St. Leo’s, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Sorrows, and St. Bartholomew Catholic Academies. Testing begins on Monday, June 22 through Friday, July 19th; Telephone number:1-833-766-6769
Catharine of Alexandria is located on the vacant lot at 4002 Fort Hamilton Parkway, Brooklyn – this NYC Health and Hospital Corp. site is located within close proximity to OLPH Catholic Academy. Telephone number: 1-844-692-4706.